Racoons in tree

Quinte Conservation does not regulate the following categories: wildlife, hunting, invasive species, species at risk.
Below you will find resource links and phone numbers to the appropriate agency for each topic. 

Injured or deceased wildlife

Injured wildlife

  • Sandy Pines - If you have found an injured animal, call the Sandy Pines Wildlife Centre at (613) 354-0264
  • Injured Turtle - If you have found an injured turtle or eggs that have been accidentally dug up or disturbed, call the Ontario Turtle Conservation Centre at (705)-471-5000 
    • Please Note: You can also call this number to be directed to the nearest Turtle Trauma Clinic. 
    • You will need to note the location (road, major intersection, kilometer marker) where the turtle was found to ensure it can be released according to provincial regulations. Click here to learn more.

 Deceased wildlife

  • Removal and clean up - It is the landowners responsibility to remove and clean up deceased wildlife found on the property. You can learn more about removal and clean up methods on this webpage from the Ontario Government. A local pest control/trapping service may be able to assist with the removal. 
    • Municipalities are responsible for the public properties that they own. This includes municipally owned public beaches. Contact your local municipality to make a report.
  • Suspicious fish and wildlife deaths - If you are suspicious of a fish/wildlife death, make a report for:
  • Bats
    • Report unusual activity or deaths to the Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre at 1-866-673-4781 or the Natural Resources Information and Support Centre at 1-800-667-1940 (1-866-686-6072 for hearing impaired)
  • Birds
    • Report bird deaths - If you see a significant number of dead birds in one location, or if you see a few dead birds (especially waterfowl, American crows, common ravens, black-billed magpies, blue jays), contact the Canadian Cooperative Wildlife Health Centre at 1-866-673-4781
  • Fish
    • Report fish die-off to the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry at 1-800-667-1940
    • If you suspect the fish died as a result of a spill, call the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks' Spills Action Centre at 1-800-268-6060
  • Wildlife
    • Report a suspicious wildlife death to the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry at 1-800-667-1940


 Hunting violation

If you have witnessed a suspected violation or have information about individuals who may have been involved in illegal hunting, fishing, or poaching, make a report to the the MNRF TIPS hotline at  1-877-847-7667. You can also make a report anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 
1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

Nuisance wildlife
 Forest pests

Visit Ontario's Invading Species online to learn more about invasive forest pests, to report a sighting, and for landowner resources.

Web page includes information on the LDD Moth, Emerald Ash Borer, Asian Long-horned Beetle, and other common pests and pathogens.

Invasive fish and invertebrates

Visit Ontario's Invading Species online to learn more about invasive fish and invasive invertebrates, to report a sighting, and for landowner resources.

Webpages include information on the Asian Carps, Goldfish, Zebra Mussels, Rusty Crayfish, and other common invasive aquatic species.

Species at risk

Find a list of Ontario's Species at Risk, and learn more about how species at risk are protected, how to comment on protecting species at risk, and how to get an Endangered Species Act permit or authorization.


Report sightings of reptiles and amphibians to Ontario Nature